Thank you to Leopard over at Crates and Ribbons for the nomination! I’ve only recently discovered this blog but have enjoyed following it and spent almost an entire afternoon purusing through posts. Check it out!
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award to your post.
Done, isn’t it beautiful. 🙂
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
1. “The Princess Bride” will always be my favorite movie, no matter how corny my sister thinks it is.
2. I plan to go back to school to study sociology, focusing on the sexually marginalized.
3. I just recently recognized that I was a feminist. 🙂 (Stay tuned, more on that soon!)
4. I love taking candid pictures of unsuspecting people.
5. I work with a staff of all women and wouldn’t have it any other way!
6. Favorite books of all time are The Scarlet Letter, The Handmaid’s Tale, and Wuthering Heights.
7. I am a nerd.
4. Pass the award on to 15 nominees.
I only have 12 (in no particular order) as I don’t follow a lot of blogs yet. I’m open to suggestions though! 🙂
1. One Woman – This is the first blog I started following. One woman recounts and processes through her story as a rape survivor. It is extremely powerful and well written.
2. A Girl With Questions – Asking questions and figuring out what it means to be a feminist. Love it!
3. Make Me A Sammich – “Make Me a Sammich is a ranty, sometimes funny, sometimes dead-serious blog about being a girl and a woman in the United States of America. Join me as I try to make sense of it all, with a little help from my friends and anyone else who shows up.”
4. Nice Girls…Like Sex Too – “Nice Girls Like Sex Too was founded on the notion that there is still a lot of work to be done to help girls realize that a healthy and happy sex life is an important part of life, learn about safer sex, and navigate relationships.”
5. Something Magical – “The bifeminist, interfaith rants of an apostate writer.” I just found this blog today and loved everything I read.
6. Broad Blogs – A writer that appeals to the sociologist in me. A critical look at men, women, culture, and the social construction of reality.
7. I Heart Change – “Thoughts on making the world (and myself)…different.”
8. The Unconventional Housewife – “Pretty dresses, make-up and pink nail polish are this girl’s best friend but so are tattoos, rock music, a copy of The Feminine Mystique, and a bottle (or two) of wine.”
9. Hairspray and Hemingway – “Hairspray and Hemingway is about finding the beauty, humor, and meaning out of life’s experiences.”
10. Developing Brakes – A diverse blog about slowing down. I enjoy her posts about healing, art, grace, and the interconnectivity of the three.
11. On a Mission at The Mission – A woman’s journey loving and hanging out with homeless people where she works.
12. Walk with Us – A couple’s heartfelt and honest journey from infertility to adoption.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
And that’s it!