Someone posted this on my Facebook wall and I thought it was too great not to share. Happy Holidays!
This holiday season, don’t let nosy questions about your singleness catch you off-guard. While it’s none of your great-aunt’s business as to why you’re still single, she’s still likely to inquire.
Here are 10 great comebacks to the “Why are you still single?” question:
1. Because you haven’t proposed yet.
2. Just lucky, I guess.
3. Name one married superhero. Exactly.
4. My mail-order spouse should be arriving any day now.
5. Because I want my cat to grow up in a stable environment.
6. Jesus was single. Would you be bugging him?
7. Because I keep turning down proposals.
8. Because no company is better than bad company.
9. What’s the rush? With a longer life expectancy than previous generations, I can get married later in life and still end up celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary.
10. True love is worth waiting for. I’m not going to settle just because I’ve been single for a while.