1. “…when it comes to domestic violence, the silence can be deafening.” This is so true it hurts. Abusers benefits not only from the silence of their victims but the silence of everyone else as well.
2. In case you haven’t heard yet Angelina Jolie chose to reduce her chances of developing breast cancer from around 80% to less than 5% by undergoing a preventative double mastectomy. I will have more to say about this in another post but for now please read her article, My Medical Choice.
3. Vows of Silence Aren’t Always Holy. Naked Pastor writes an article to go with his cartoon “Don’t Tell” explaining that sadly there is a lot of groundwork that has been laid to keep victims of abuse in the church silent.
4. I love slam poetry. Check out this poem called “Dear Straight People: We Have to Talk” by Denice Frohman, a world poetry slam champion. Also “i know girls (body love)” by Mary Lambert, another amazing slam poet. Mary Lambert’s voice is featured in the song Same Love by Macklemore.
5. Read a wonderful fictional piece inspired by Seattle pastor Mark Driscoll and his latest sermon series.
What are your thoughts on the below cartoon?